October 29, 2022 | Updated on March 5, 2023
Congratulations on passing the Calder Quiz and minting a Nonspace NFT. Now, we move on to Phase 4, where you may use your Nonspace NFT to assemble a Calder puzzle. This article will serve as your guide.
Phase 4: Assembly begins on October 31 at 10:00 AM ET and will conclude on November 15 at 10:00 AM ET. There are 2 parts in Phase 4:
Part 1: The Reveal
On October 31 at 10:00 AM ET, Blank Nonspace NFTs will refresh and reveal an element of a Calder mobile—a wire, a sheet of metal, a sketch, and more—just like a puzzle piece.
The revealed state is randomized so there is no way to guarantee what you will see post-reveal.
You must now answer the question: which mobile does my Nonspace NFT belong to?
Part 2: Assemble your Nonspace NFTs
Season 1 has 5 NFT artworks based on 5 different Calder mobiles. Each artwork consists of 5 Nonspace NFTs for you to assemble correctly.
Upon entering the Assembly phase, there will be two options:
Option 1: Create a Group
Select "Create a Group".
Next, carefully study the Nonspace NFT that you hold. Decide which 1 out of the 5 Calder mobiles you believe your Nonspace NFT belongs to and select that artwork as the “Target Artwork.”
Select your Nonspace NFT that you wish to upload to your group.
- Note: You may upload multiple Nonspace NFTs per group. To do so, select more than one Nonspace NFT in the upload pop-up window when prompted.
Choose to make your group either PUBLIC or PRIVATE.
- Public groups are visible to all participants on the discovery page and anyone can join.
- Private groups are also visible on the discovery page but are not open to the public. You may invite others to join a private group with the unique URL provided upon confirmation. If you do not have a private group's URL, then you will not be able to upload a Nonspace NFT and assemble with that group. This is the only way to access a private group.
The site will generate an ID and URL for your group so you can share it with friends to add in the missing Nonspace NFTs.
Once your group has correctly submitted all five Nonspace NFTs (that belong to the same Calder mobile), the site will auto-submit your group as a complete assembly. Only then can you move on to the next phase.
Option 2: Explore existing groups
First, carefully study the Nonspace NFT that you hold. Decide which 1 out of the 5 Calder mobiles you believe that your Nonspace NFT belongs to.
Browse the group listing for public groups within the mobile that you feel your Nonspace NFT belongs to.
Join the group and upload your Nonspace NFT.
Once your group has correctly identified all five Nonspace NFTs that belong to that Calder mobile, you will have the opportunity to unlock the target artwork.
The website will auto-submit your group as a complete assembly once the 5th Nonspace NFT is uploaded. Only then can you move on to the next phase.
The ground rules
- Participants may create and join existing groups at any time. As soon as you upload your Nonspace NFT to one group, you will automatically quit any existing group that you have previously joined.
- If you upload the incorrect Nonspace NFT, your nonspace NFT will "freeze" for 1 hour. You will NOT be able to join another group during this time.
- During the freeze period, you may return to the Calder Archives to review where you went wrong and study your Nonspace NFT.
- The only participant affected by the freeze period is the NFT holder. Other group members will not be impacted by incorrect uploads once they have successfully uploaded their own NFT to their group.
- If you upload the same Nonspace NFT as another participant to the same group, then the first participant who uploads successfully will claim the spot.
- You may choose to purchase additional Nonspace NFTs on the secondary market.
- Assembly begins on October 31 at 10:00 AM ET and will conclude on November 15 at 10:00 AM ET.
Upon completing Assembly, participants unlock the opportunity to acquire 1 of the 5 artworks for $8,000. This is a 50% discount from the public sale price. The discount is valid while supplies last, or until November 15 at 10 AM ET.
Participants may also claim a variety of rewards at the end of the season like The Calder Question merchandise, Calder Foundation rare gifts, and invitations to intimate gatherings. These rewards will be fully revealed on November 15.
Please note all screenshots above are mock images. The official website experience will look different when Phase 4 begins on Oct 31.
A smoother mobile experience
If you want to experience The Calder Question with your mobile, you can download the MetaMask app on your phone and journey through the experience there!
First, you download the MetaMask app, open it, and log in to your crypto wallet account.
Then, you select the menu bar at the top left corner and select "Browser".
A built-in broswer will pop up. Simply enter Calderquestion.trlab.com in the URL section to join The Calder Question and start assembling.
Note: Experiencing The Calder Question in MetaMask's built-in browser is the equivalent of you experiencing The Calder Question in your desktop browser with your crypto wallet connected.
Good luck! If you passed the Calder Quiz, this should be a walk in the park for you.
Be in the know